4 slices white bread, large cubed
½ lb. Isaly’s Chipped Chopped Ham
½ c. sugar
1 c. evaporated milk
½ stick butter
1 c. chopped, sautéed mushrooms
2 lemons for zest
1. Combine 2 eggs, chipped ham and bread cubes in a large bowl. Add pepper to taste.
2. In a saucepan combine 1 cup evaporated milk and 1/2 stick butter. Let butter melt and then add the ½ cup sugar. Let cool.
3. Sauté sliced mushrooms.
4. Add mushrooms to sauce.
5. Form chipped ham combination into four patties and pan fry, until golden brown on both sides.
6. Mash potatoes and place in pastry bag. Make little cone shapes on a sheet pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or till golden brown.
7. Place a fried chipped ham cake “pattie” in the center of the plate. Place a potato “tower” on top.
8. Put sauce around the potato tower and garnish with parsley and add lemon zest.
9. Decorate with mint leaves.
Submitted by Jeff Le’Sure